FAQ About Organizational Grants
The Foundation will
- Make grants only to qualified, tax-exempt nonprofit organizations for work directly benefiting residents of the southern portion of Pacific County, Washington.
- Favor those applications that show the greatest promise of attracting additional support from the community.
- Favor projects that meet specific community needs and benefit a broad segment of the local population.
The Foundation is unlikely to
- Make multi-year grants.
- Make grants for operating support without special circumstances.
- Make grants to projects or organizations that do not match our giving priorities.
The Foundation will not
- Make grants when the activities are not clearly described.
- Make grants when the goals are not specific or realistic.
- Make grants when the financial information is incomplete or unclear.
- Make grants to religious organizations for religious purposes.
- Make grants to individuals.
- Make grants for endowments, debt retirement, political campaigns, or fundraising events.
- Make grants to organizations that discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, gender, religion, or physical ability.
- Make retroactive grants; requests must be for a project or activity that is planned for the future.